About Me

My photo
Who: I'm 20 years old but i have the heart of a kid. Where: I go to Occ but am hopefully transferring to South Eastern University in Lakeland, Florida. What: As of right now I am concentrating on General Studies. When I transfer (hopefully next fall), I will be concentrating on Journalism. I am not sure of my minor. Either missions or Bible/Pastoral studies. There is so much I would looove to learn! :) When: In the future I would love to learn how to speak Spanish fluently. I would also love to learn sign language. Dream: My ultimate dream is to get married and have a family of my own. That is what I am looking forward to the most!

Friday, May 2, 2008

Quiki, Quiki, it's a Wiki

Wikepidea...not a big fan of this because it always comes up while I am searching for something but I cannot use it for school. what i don't like about Wiki is that you can never tell if the information you are using is accurate, which is why I am not allowed to use it for class. anyone can update things on any topic, and who knows if kids just want to mess around and add random facts. The sad thing is, I love using Wiki because I do find a lot of information. It is usually has the most detailed information than the other sites I try to look at.

What I liked best about this exercise is the ocean county library wiki. I like how it says how many branches there are, the numbers of circulation, and the number of employees, now that is pretty interesting. The most interesting fact I found about the OCLs was that "James Brolin filmed a scene in the Bishop Library for the film The Amityville Horror." (I found that in the Trivia section of this Wiki)

No comments: