About Me

My photo
Who: I'm 20 years old but i have the heart of a kid. Where: I go to Occ but am hopefully transferring to South Eastern University in Lakeland, Florida. What: As of right now I am concentrating on General Studies. When I transfer (hopefully next fall), I will be concentrating on Journalism. I am not sure of my minor. Either missions or Bible/Pastoral studies. There is so much I would looove to learn! :) When: In the future I would love to learn how to speak Spanish fluently. I would also love to learn sign language. Dream: My ultimate dream is to get married and have a family of my own. That is what I am looking forward to the most!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm Listening (Thing #22)

The book I downloaded on ListenNJ was The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, (book number two in the Chronicles of Narnia) by C.S (Clive Staple, in case you were wondering), Lewis. the narrator of the book is Michael York. He's not bad, I happen to like narrator's with different accents, (especially if it is an English/British/Scottish one). My favorite narrator is Jim Dale, but Michael York could come up second. I like ListenNJ because it can be very very useful especially for high schoolers. Instead of going to the library and checking out the book to read, it would be just as easy to log onto the computer to download a book on cassette. I like how ListenNJ will allow you to download the book onto an MP3 player; this allows you to listen to the book whenever, and wherever you like. Unfortunately, most MP3 players today owned are IPods, which are not compatible with these downloadable books...yet. As much as I like ListenNj I don't know how much I would use it. If it was Ipod compatible I would probably download Harry Potter (which they don't have), and Chronicles of Narnia so I could listen to them when I go on trips; another reason why ListenNJ is helpful. I love to read but sometimes reading in the car or even on a plane makes me feel sick. But listening to it would be very nice and relaxing, and I would not have to worry about feeling bad when the trip ended. I am going to Florida very soon and i don't like taking books on the beach because i can never get comfortable with the book, (neck hurting from reading, trying to use the book as a sun blocker from my eyes). ListenNJ could be very useful and helpful to me.

No comments: