About Me

My photo
Who: I'm 20 years old but i have the heart of a kid. Where: I go to Occ but am hopefully transferring to South Eastern University in Lakeland, Florida. What: As of right now I am concentrating on General Studies. When I transfer (hopefully next fall), I will be concentrating on Journalism. I am not sure of my minor. Either missions or Bible/Pastoral studies. There is so much I would looove to learn! :) When: In the future I would love to learn how to speak Spanish fluently. I would also love to learn sign language. Dream: My ultimate dream is to get married and have a family of my own. That is what I am looking forward to the most!

Friday, May 2, 2008

Only 8 more Things to go...

That brings me to Thing 15...Library 2.0 & Web 2.0.



I did not know much about Library 2.0 until this challenge, and even now, I still know very little about it. I do believe that libraries will be very different in the future, so different that we might not even have any. The new EBooks might take the library away from us because we Americans like everything instantly at our grasp. If we can just download books online, there would be no use in having to go to the library to get and return books, which means no fines and no responsibility. Now, I am not saying this is a good thing, because if you read my blog about technology, you will know how I feel about Ebooks.

From working in the library I can already see a transformation. Patrons are not only coming to check out books, but to go on the computer. The library today might just as well be a computer lab. Patrons will sit on the computers for hours without checking out one book. I admit, that when I used to come to the library I would do the same. If my computer is broken I would use the library's, which is what a lot of people do. There is no problem with this, but as the library becomes more technologically available, the more the library transforms into a computer lab.

No comments: