About Me

My photo
Who: I'm 20 years old but i have the heart of a kid. Where: I go to Occ but am hopefully transferring to South Eastern University in Lakeland, Florida. What: As of right now I am concentrating on General Studies. When I transfer (hopefully next fall), I will be concentrating on Journalism. I am not sure of my minor. Either missions or Bible/Pastoral studies. There is so much I would looove to learn! :) When: In the future I would love to learn how to speak Spanish fluently. I would also love to learn sign language. Dream: My ultimate dream is to get married and have a family of my own. That is what I am looking forward to the most!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tech-nol-o-gy

While reading the discovery exercise for this challenge and how it is about technology, two things popped into my mind. First, was E-books. Now, when I first saw the article about E-books in Entertainment Weekly I admit I was interested. However, that only lasted a little while. I came to my senses after my brain said, "Helloooo! You already have bad eyes, which are becoming increasingly worse, stay away from E-books!" Well, on a serious note, I do think computers have a lot to do with my bad eyes. I don't think E-Books are bad, but I like the comfort a paperback or hardcover in my hand. However, maybe since technology is such a fad in our country, (with I-Pods, I-macs, I-homes, and now E-books), kids will read more because of the convenience and popularity.
Second thing that came to mind was how technology will be the end of our world. Well, not really, it's just something I always say. We are so dependant on technology that it could very well be our end. I don't think it will be the reason for the end of our world, but I do think about it from time to time, how much our country "needs" it. Something I often fantasize about while working is an advanced technology system for the library. A futuristic library would have tubes coming from the book drop to the inside of the library. Once the books pass through the slot in which they enter the library they are automatically scanned and checked in, (of course the barcode will be on the outside of all books and movies). Then from there each book will be sorted into tubes, much like pages sort carts: Children, Juvenile, J Non-fic, Mystery, Fiction, Large Print, Non-Fic, Ya, etc. They will then go through the tubes, into their sections. Once all the books are on the shelves they are sorted alphabetically. Each book is arranged and rearranged until they are all in perfect order, (That includes author, title/number, author, title). Although this would be nice; perfect order of the library, looking all neat and, well...perfect, we would all be out of a job, and I don't think any of us would like that. :D

No comments: